The name Burghof traces back to the so-called Turmburg, a Medival castle located on the Marienberg around the corner. The Turmburg was also part of Flensburg's city fortifications, which have partly been preserved. Living in the Burghof is a leap back into Flensburg's history.
The Burghof as we know it today was built in 1909/1910. With its heritage architecture, it still reminds us of the former castle. At that time, the town reeve appointed by the king probably had his residence here. Now it is a meaningful, protected cultural monument with apartments - and a fixed
component of Flensburg city tours.